NOW HIRING: DOG DAYCARE HANDLER
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY, approximately 35 hours a week
We’re looking for people who have previous experience around dogs as a dog handler or similar work. The shift is about 30-35 hours/week, Mon-Fri, hours could be any where from 7:30am – 7:00pm. If your skill set is in align with our needs, we would be willing to find a shift within our team to fit your availability.
As a Dog Handler at Bow Wow Lounge, you understand the importance of a positive and safe environment for off leash dog play. You strive to teach healthy habits for happy dogs, so they learn the skills necessary to interact appropriately in their surroundings. You create meaningful relationships with the dogs and their pet parents by putting everyone at ease knowing their animal is in your care. You strive to be a resource for our pet parents in dog health and behavior.
IMPORTANT DETAILS FROM JOB DESCRIPTION
- Monitor, evaluate and react as needed for dog body language, pack dynamics, and play styles.
- Manage all dog playgroups.
- Monitor safe and appropriate play, correcting inappropriate behaviors in a consistent way.
- Guide dogs through the play areas using techniques that enforce basic manners.
- Be a compassionate communicator with the dog owners.
- Execute basic first aid to dogs, yourself or co-workers as needed.
- Communicate observations about dog actions/behaviors to co-workers and Manager.
- Facility and kennel cleaning.
- High school diploma required.
- Dog daycare or boarding background preferred. Some dog handling skills and comfortable walking through 40+ dogs off leash.
- Must be able to make quick and educated decisions when it comes to dog interaction.
- Knowledge of general dog behavioral cues, indicators and health issues to watch for.
- Be able to lift 40+ pounds and restrain dogs that weigh over 100 pounds.
- Be willing and able to stand for 8 hours (with a 30 min break in between)
- Be willing and able to work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow).
- High volume of cleaning up dog messes feces when required.
- Must be able to use highly concentrated cleaning supplies.
- Must not be allergic to or afraid of dogs.
- Must pass background check.
- Must be a team player.